The AWIS-NCC committee is the official fundraising arm for the Northern California chapters of AWIS. All corporate donations should be sent directly to AWIS-NCC. Corporate funds raised are distributed by mutual consent among the chapters as requested for local projects such as outreach, mentoring, awards and local scholarships. Corporate funds are not used for chapter operating expenses.
In addition to supporting local chapter activities, AWIS-NCC raises funding to support regional AWIS events. Two awards are presented annually at the Awards Banquet to local women who have contributed to the success of women in the sciences. A third award was created in 2000 to honor women working away from the bench. Other regional events include workshops and conferences which are open to the public throughout the Bay Area.
Benefits of Sponsorship
• One person in your company will receive membership for one year in all Northern California Chapters and will be invited to participate as a guest at our annual awards banquet.
• Receive program announcements.
• Job Postings - Available company positions may be posted at each meeting. A company representative is invited to attend the meeting to discuss job opportunities.
• Mentoring Programs - Scientist from your company will have the opportunity to participate in ongoing mentoring programs.
• Recognition - Your company will be identified as a sponsor at meetings and events. Your company URL will be listed on our websites and promo materials.
• Participation in Awards - Donors are entitled to nominate candidates for annual recognition awards.
• Tax Benefits - Your corporate donation is tax deductible as a business expense of charitable contribution.
AWIS is a 501(c)(3) organization. AWIS-NCC FEIN is 27-0955566 and operates on a July 1 - June 30 fiscal year.
For more information or to become a sponsor, contact Katy Korsmeyer.
AWIS-NCC • PO Box 6083 • San Mateo • CA 94403